Hair loss causes:
- INTERNAL CAUSES:
- Poor diet
- Severe stress
- Hormonal changes
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Drugs used for cancer,chemotheraphy
- EXTERNAL CAUSES:
HAIR GROWS IN 3 PHASES
- ANAGEN PHASE:actively growing phase
- CATAGEN PHASE: breaking phase
- TELOGEN PHASE:not growing,getting prepare for cyclic shedding
HAIR LOSS CLASSIFIED AS
- LOCALISED/PATCHY HAIR LOSS/SMALL AREA:
- ALOPECIA AREATA:small size patch on scalp usually grow in months.coin sized.usually regrow in 6to 12 wks.sometimes alopecia can affect hair on any other parts of the body such as beard,moustaches.
- TRACTION ALOPECIA:hair loss is due to repetitive persistant pulling force on hair roots
- TINEA CAPITIS:hair loss is due to tinea infection.affects school going children
- TRICHITILLOMANIA:habit of some one voluntarily pulling at their own hairs,twisting them.
- DIFFUSE HAIR LOSS:
- TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM:rapid shedding of hair after child birth,after fever,menopause,after attaining menarchy,after loosing wt suddenly.
- ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA/MALE PATTERN BALDNESS:m shaped baldness found in adolescent boys,middle age group.
- INVOLUTIONAL ALOPECIA:natural condition in which the hair gradually thins with the age.
DRUGS WHICH AFFECT HAIR LOSS
- Blood Thinners
- Birth Control Pills
- Drugs used to treat Cancer
- Medicines used to treat Blood Pressure
- Cosmetic procedures such as straightening of hair,Chemical Irritants in Shampoos
PREVENTIVE MEASURES FOR HAIR LOSS
- Take healthy diet rich in VIT B,IRON,CLCIUM,PROTEIN ,rich diet.such as egg,fish ,milk,wall nuts,broccoli,whole grain cerels,spinach,cauliflower,redmeat,kidney beans,sweat potatoes
- Avoid Pollution which increases Dandruff
- Consume plenty of water
- Avoid chemical treatments to the hair